Virtual Film Discussion: Motherland Online
Join us for a discussion of the award-winning documentary Motherland (2017, dir. Ramona S. Diaz), which brings us inside the world's busiest maternity hospital in the Philippines. Over the course of the film, new mothers, new fathers and hospital staff connect with one another over the harsh realities of family planning, money and caring for newborn children.
Watch the film on your own in advance of the discussion, and then join our Zoom call to exchange impressions with other viewers.
- Stream this film online for free with your library card: Watch Motherland on Kanopy
- Get started with Kanopy: Follow our Kanopy tutorial on Niche Academy
- Don't have a Sunnyvale Public Library card? Apply for a free Instant Online Access Card or ask a librarian at your home library how you can stream the film
- Not sure whether you're interested? Watch the trailer on YouTube
This program is part of Silicon Valley Reads 2021. For more information visit SiliconValleyReads.org.
Sunnyvale Public Library's monthly Virtual Film Group meets on the fourth Monday of each month to explore diverse cultures and lives through independent film and world cinema. Watch the film on your own time, then join us for a discussion over Zoom.
- Monday, March 22, 2021
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Adult Services
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
This program uses a third-party website link. By attending this program, you may be using a website not operated by the Sunnyvale Public Library. For privacy concerns or questions, please review their privacy policies found here: 8x8, Zoom.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Sunnyvale will make reasonable efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities. If you require special accommodation, please contact the library at 408-730-7300 at least three days in advance of this program.